What 11 NBA players have numbers retired with 2 teams?
- In March 1990, the Los Angeles Lakers retired his No. 33
- In April 1993, the Milwaukee Bucks retired the same number in his honor
- In 2001, the Philadelphia 76ers retired Charles Barkley’s No. 34
- In March 2004, the Phoenix Suns retired No. 34 in honor of Sir Charles
- In February 2000, the Houston Rockets retired number No. 22 in Clyde Drexler’s honor.
- In March 2001, the Portland Trail Blazers retired the same number for him too.
- In 1987, the Brooklyn Nets (then the New Jersey Nets) retired No. 32 in honor of Dr. J’s spectacular tenure with the organization when it was the New York Nets in the ABA.
- In April 1988, the Philadelphia 76ers retired the No. 6 he wore with the team.
- In November 1994, the Chicago Bulls retired Michael Jordan’s No. 23 after his first retirement.
- On April 12, 2003, the Miami Heat retired No. 23 in honor of the contributions to the game made by Jordan, who was playing with the Washington Wizards in his final season.
- In December 1984, the Milwaukee Bucks retired No. 16 in honor of Bob Lanier.
- In 1993, the Detroit Pistons retired the same number to pay tribute to Lanier.
- In 1985, the Utah Jazz retired No. 5 in honor of Pete Maravich.
- In 2002, the New Orleans Pelicans retired the same number in recognition of Maravich’s contributions to the city.
- In March 1986, the New York Knicks retired No. 15 to honor Earl Monroe.
- In 2007, the Washington Wizards retired No. 10 to pay respect to Monroe’s efforts with the organization when it was known as the Baltimore Bullets.
- In December 2016, the Miami Heat retired the No. 32 Shaquille O’Neal wore with the team.
- In April 2013, the Los Angeles Lakers retired No. 34 to pay tribute to Shaq’s tenure with the team.
- In 1970, the Sacramento Kings (then the Cincinnati Royals) retired the No. 14 Oscar Robertson wore with the franchise before being traded to Milwaukee.
- In 1974, the Milwaukee Bucks retired No. 1, the number Robertson wore with them.
- In December 1977, the Cleveland Cavaliers retired No. 42 to pay tribute to the work of Nate Thurmond when he was with the team.
- In March 1978, the Golden State Warriors retired his number as well.
#NBA #ABA #basketball #hoops